What better place than the Y for safe, caring, and quality after-school programming? With a focus on safety, health, social growth and academic enhancement, the Attleboro Y serves kindergartners through sixth graders with a variety of programmatic and activity options to explore and develop their interests and talents.
School’s Out Program
At the Y, we believe that childhood afternoons are meant for active play, new discoveries, and adventures of the imagination. This vision is what guides our School’s Out team as we develop the activity plan for each afternoon.
An afternoon at School’s Out may include:
- Y Chat. Just like you would at home, our afterschool staff meets with the kids in small groups to ask, “How was your day at school?” It’s an opportunity to work in peer groups on character development and to prepare for an afternoon at the Y.
- Gym Games. A big part of the Y’s cause for healthy living is helping kids find the joy in physical activity. Whether we’re playing Capture the Flag, running obstacle courses, or shooting hoops, we have fun!
- Creative Arts. The School’s Out staff helps kids find inspiration with projects and activities that foster creativity. Creative Arts teaches kids that you can accomplish almost anything with a good imagination!
- Curiosity Lab. These hands-on activities encourage kids to be curious about the world around them. They might learn about bridges while building with LEGOs or try their luck at predicting the weather.
- Swimming. School’s Out participants have an opportunity to enjoy a recreational swim once or twice each week. The School’s Out staff will also transfer your child to the pool for swim lessons, if you choose.
- Homework support. Our School’s Out staff designates certain times and quiet areas where children can work on their homework. The staff provide encouragement andd assist the children with difficult subject areas.
This is what our staff was born to do! Led by Youth & Camp Director Mike Zucarelli, our staff brings extensive experience and enthusiasm for working with youth to the School’s Out program.
The YMCA provides transportation from the following schools: Brennan Middle School, Hyman-Fine Elementary School, St. John’s School, Studley Elementary School, Thacher Elementary School, Wamsutta Middle School, and Willett Elementary School.
School Year: September-June
Schedule: Monday-Friday 2:30 – 6:00 p.m.
Register for one to five days per week.
Location: Downtown Branch
Y Member: $55/week
2-4 Days per Week:
Y Member: $12/day
Registration: All participants must be registered in advance with a regular weekly schedule. Registration packets, available at the Y’s Welcome Centers, must be turned into the Y one week prior to your child’s enrollment in the School’s Out program.
For more information, contact Mike Zucarelli at email@example.com.